20 May 2012

Happy Birthday .....to the cook!

It is birthday time...for the cook! If I don't cook a cake myself I will most likely be presented with a ready made one from some bakery (usually as delicious as mine..if not better!).
Frequently people dream of large delicious cakes for their own birthday too. As we grow older cakes take a secondary role and some people don't even want a cake or candles.    

My husband, when asked if he wants a cake, will almost always ask for a strawberry cake; his favorite! This year my boy asked for a McQueen cake and got his wish granted. In my case, and I am sure for other people as well, the cake is not the most important element of the celebration. Being around people who love you and cherish you is of out-most importance. Nevertheless, food does play an important role in my life. Consequently, a lemon tart is in order even though I have to prepare it myself. 

You will find my favorite lemon tart recipe under the dessert section. 

Have a try and enjoy the freshness of the lemons :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment